White Shark Africa - White Shark Tour
Join White Shark Africa for an extreme ocean adventure in an effort to see great white sharks! This is the perfect tour for your shark adventure in Africa, whether you want to view from the boat or dive in a cage in the water.
White Shark Africa, located in the coastal town of Mossel Bay, is the only white shark dive company in the area. They're also close to the popular tourist destinations of Knysna, Oudtshoorn, Plettenberg Bay, Wilderness, Natures Valley, and the Congo Caves.
Mossel Bay features the most accessible white sharks in the world! It's only about a 10-minute boat ride from the dock to Seal Island where sharks can commonly be found. The bay usually features calm sea conditions, and booking in advance is normally a safe bet.
- Short 10-minute (approx.) trip from the dock to Seal Island
- Opportunity to see great white sharks in the water and/or breaching (May through August are the best months to see white sharks breaching)
- Chance to get in a 5 man shark cage to dive in the water
***Shark sightings cannot be guaranteed due to the wild nature of these animals. Water visibility and sea conditions cannot be guaranteed either.
- Continental breakfast, refreshments and snacks on the boat and after trip refreshments
- All dive equipment is provided if you want to dive in the large 5 man shark cage
- Where and When:
- 7 Church St. at Checkers Bayside Center (opposite Dias Museum Complex)
Mossel Bay, SA
From N2 George take turn off for Mossel Bay says Louie Fourie Road.
Pass Langeberg Mall until you get to the Traffic light at Diaz Beach.
Pass the next Beach called De Bakke and turn left into George Road carry on with the road the following beach will be Santos continue until you get to the next traffic light in town at the Church St/George Street intersection.
Youll see a Church to your right. Left at the traffic light.
We on the right 7 Church, Checkers Bayside Centre (Opposite the Dias Museum Complex).
Dias Museum Complex- Pay Parking
Opposite Tourist Information Centre- Free Public Parking
Office GPS Coordinates: S 34 10.835, E 22 8.579
- Minimum Age is 6 years old.
While the boat is in transit to the dive site and back you are to remain seated & if standing then you must not move around the boat.
You must not sit on the bow of the boat.
If on the top deck you must remain seated until the boat is on anchor or at the dock.
Due to the nature of the trip, you are responsible if you receive or suffer any injury. You must pay attention tot he instructions of the crew at all times and if you do not cooperate the captain has the right to cancel your excursion and not refunds will be made.
- Special Notes:
- White Sharks are wild animals to the highest degree. There are no fences and these are not territorial or resident animals so it is impossible for us to guarantee sightings. If sharks are not SIGHTED, then we offer a voucher which is valid for a year. Vouchers are not given if we have shark sightings on the trip but are unable to dive. We do not offer a "sea sick" discount. This is wildlife and it is not reasonable to expect guarantees. Having said this, the chance of encountering these rare animals is worth the risk.
- Operation Days:
- Operates Daily
- Approx. 3 to 4 hours
- White Shark Africa
- 11.5 meter long & 4.2 meter wide custom vessel with a large cabin, tolileet and top viewing deck
- Operation Days:
- Operates Daily